Newsletters and Articles
Information designed to help you boost your financial confidence.
- The staggering returns in technology stocks have rekindled memories of the late 1990s.
- This is not 2000. It’s not even close.
- Today looks more like the antithesis of the dot-com craze than a repeat.
Published on 10/2/20
- Short selling is one of the most controversial topics in investing.
- It requires a strong stomach, high conviction, and strict risk controls.
- Shorts are integral to markets but leave it to the professionals.
Published on 9/25/20
- Dividends have played a significant role in equity returns over the last 50 years.
- Specialized skill and experience are needed to invest in dividend-paying stocks.
- Moderation is warranted when seeking dividends.
Published on 9/18/20
- The internet remains a virtual wild west for investment scams.
- Technology harnessing human nature is making it harder to resist the urge to “Click Here to Learn More.”
- Approach all investment advertisements as guilty until proven innocent.
Published on 9/11/20
- When asked how “the market” is doing, the question invariably refers to the performance of the S&P 500 index.
- The mechanics of this index may surprise investor.
- The S&P 500 should not be used as a benchmark for a diversified portfolio.
Published on 9/4/20
- The forward P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is the highest it’s been in two decades.
- This has fueled concern that the stock market is overvalued.
- Before doing any valuation analysis, it’s important to better understand what could be driving stocks at the moment.
Published on 8/28/20
- The S&P 500 reached an all-time high this week.
- Rather than celebrate, it seems as if this historic event is being met with far more pessimism than optimism.
- There is always a bear case to be made, so approach these with extreme skepticism.
Published on 8/21/20
- The media and short-term traders tend to love IPOs.
- The IPO process leaves little chance for smaller investors to participate.
- IPOs are almost always a Catch-22 for individual investors.
Published on 8/14/20
- High stock prices can create challenges for companies and investors.
- Executives occasionally split their stock to alleviate these high-class problems.
- Stock splits can potentially increase the demand for stock, but have no impact on fundamentals of the company.
Published on 8/7/20
- The U.S. Dollar Index has fallen close to 7% since May.
- Anytime the dollar weakens like this, the fearmongering ramps up fast.
- There is more to currencies than meets the eye, so take headline numbers with a grain of salt.
Published on 7/31/20
We’re taking a look at the CARES Act, Required Minimum Distribution, and discussing Health Care. We also added a fun trivia for you.
While most of us were enjoying the holidays, our friends in Washington were busy tinkering with traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
SCHEDULE your APPOINTMENT
Request your appointment using the form below, and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible to schedule a meeting time.