Newsletters and Articles
Information designed to help you boost your financial confidence.
- The U.S. Dollar Index has fallen close to 7% since May.
- Anytime the dollar weakens like this, the fearmongering ramps up fast.
- There is more to currencies than meets the eye, so take headline numbers with a grain of salt.
Published on 7/31/20
- Gold and silver have been on a tear since March 2020.
- The decision of whether to own precious metals and how much is one of the most debated topics in finance.
- The real question an investor must ask is why they want them in the first place.
Published on 7/24/20
- Economists that attempt to forecast the economy tend to be less than stellar.
- Six factors can be used to assess the future direction of the economy.
- These factors suggest the U.S. is in the early stages of an economic recovery.
Published on 7/17/20
- There is no question that the first half of 2020 will be remembered as one of the most tumultuous periods in history.
- It appears that the recession that began in February has ended, and the recovery is currently underway.
- Investors have arguably never faced so much uncertainty as they do today, but these tend to be the times that present the greatest opportunities to patient investors with a strong stomach.
Published on 7/9/20
- Private equity’s average annual return has more than doubled world equity markets over the last two decades.
- Investors often ask how private equity works and if they can invest in it.
- Several hurdles make this asset class inaccessible to most investors.
Published on 7/2/20
- Presidents can be good or bad for stocks, but there are several other drivers too.
- There is a big difference between politics and policy.
- The real risk to investors is not who wins in November but how one reacts to the outcome.
Published on 6/26/20
- Hertz and other wild trading stories may serve as cautionary tales.
- What tends to separate professional traders from novices is the focus on risk.
- Those who treat the stock market like a casino will likely have a similar outcome.
Published on 6/19/20
- The sharpest downturn since the Great Depression may also be the shortest.
- If so, a new bull market could be emerging.
- Waiting for a full recovery could do little more than swap one risk for another.
Published on 6/12/20
- The media tends to report on events that have minor impact on our lives.
- Investors can learn a lot by analyzing their own reactions to events like the Bernie Madoff fraud.
- The real risk of outliers tends to be the reaction rather than the event itself.
Published on 6/5/20
- Charles Schwab and other discount brokers recently eliminated commissions.
- Free trading has prompted investors to question how these firms make money.
- Discount brokers are excellent options as long as investors use them properly.
Published on 5/29/20
We’re taking a look at the CARES Act, Required Minimum Distribution, and discussing Health Care. We also added a fun trivia for you.
While most of us were enjoying the holidays, our friends in Washington were busy tinkering with traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
SCHEDULE your APPOINTMENT
Request your appointment using the form below, and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible to schedule a meeting time.