Newsletters and Articles
Information designed to help you boost your financial confidence.
- The forward P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is the highest it’s been in two decades.
- This has fueled concern that the stock market is overvalued.
- Before doing any valuation analysis, it’s important to better understand what could be driving stocks at the moment.
Published on 8/28/20
- The S&P 500 reached an all-time high this week.
- Rather than celebrate, it seems as if this historic event is being met with far more pessimism than optimism.
- There is always a bear case to be made, so approach these with extreme skepticism.
Published on 8/21/20
- The media and short-term traders tend to love IPOs.
- The IPO process leaves little chance for smaller investors to participate.
- IPOs are almost always a Catch-22 for individual investors.
Published on 8/14/20
- High stock prices can create challenges for companies and investors.
- Executives occasionally split their stock to alleviate these high-class problems.
- Stock splits can potentially increase the demand for stock, but have no impact on fundamentals of the company.
Published on 8/7/20
- The U.S. Dollar Index has fallen close to 7% since May.
- Anytime the dollar weakens like this, the fearmongering ramps up fast.
- There is more to currencies than meets the eye, so take headline numbers with a grain of salt.
Published on 7/31/20
- Gold and silver have been on a tear since March 2020.
- The decision of whether to own precious metals and how much is one of the most debated topics in finance.
- The real question an investor must ask is why they want them in the first place.
Published on 7/24/20
- Economists that attempt to forecast the economy tend to be less than stellar.
- Six factors can be used to assess the future direction of the economy.
- These factors suggest the U.S. is in the early stages of an economic recovery.
Published on 7/17/20
- There is no question that the first half of 2020 will be remembered as one of the most tumultuous periods in history.
- It appears that the recession that began in February has ended, and the recovery is currently underway.
- Investors have arguably never faced so much uncertainty as they do today, but these tend to be the times that present the greatest opportunities to patient investors with a strong stomach.
Published on 7/9/20
- Private equity’s average annual return has more than doubled world equity markets over the last two decades.
- Investors often ask how private equity works and if they can invest in it.
- Several hurdles make this asset class inaccessible to most investors.
Published on 7/2/20
- Presidents can be good or bad for stocks, but there are several other drivers too.
- There is a big difference between politics and policy.
- The real risk to investors is not who wins in November but how one reacts to the outcome.
Published on 6/26/20
We’re taking a look at the CARES Act, Required Minimum Distribution, and discussing Health Care. We also added a fun trivia for you.
While most of us were enjoying the holidays, our friends in Washington were busy tinkering with traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
SCHEDULE your APPOINTMENT
Request your appointment using the form below, and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible to schedule a meeting time.